2011年4月21日星期四

Everything You Know About This Band Is Wrong

Everything
You Know About This Band Is Wrong
Here at NPR,However, the marketing muscle
of Philips led light lighting could
give Philips LED business an advantage. we get hundreds of press releases every
day – pleas from publicists imploring us to cover their client's most excellent
music. They're sort of like commercials to the media trying to convince us to
buy something. We're used to them being full of hyperbole, but recently we got
one that seemed kind of ... different. When I started asking around about it,
the story just got weirder.print still offers the only truly dstti unlimited 4G plan in America, and
it's the only service you can safely use as an alternative to a home Internet
connection.

I got this email from a publicist, and started to look
through it because I'd heard some of the band's music. It's all instrumental.
But I didn't know anything more than that about Delicate Steve.In many ways LED
lights compact fluorescent provide the
best of both worlds. They are extremely energy efficient and environmentally
friendly (and are, in fact, more environmentally friendly At the top of the
email was a sentence that didn't make a whole lot of sense: "The critics
unilaterally concur: Delicate Steve is a band who creates music." What? I kept
going, and then I get to, "Like a hydro-electric Mothra rising from the ashes of
an African village burned to the ground by post-rock minotaurs." THEN there's
this line about Delicate Steve sounding like the band My Bloody Valentine, but
without the guitars. This is what My Bloody Valentine sounds like.

That
is a lot of guitars. Then I hit a name I recognized. The press release says the
band was discovered by Luaka Bop's A&R man, Wills Glasspiegel. I know that
guy, and he is not Luaka Bop's A&R man.

When I asked Wills what was
going on, he told me the whole bio is fake, that it was concocted by music
writer Chuck Klosterman. The same Chuck Klosterman who worked at Spin magazine
in the 1990s, and who wrote a memoir about loving hair metal, and a book about
driving across the country to see the sites of rock n roll's most famous deaths.




So I emailed Klosterman, and then went to talk with him about what
happened. "I describe Steve as sort of this really intense perfectionist,"
Klosterman told me, "who has dedicated entire swaths of time to working on,
like, one chord he heard on a Jandek record."

The bio also describes
Steve as "a polymath who plays over 40 instruments." I called Steve
Marion,Philips LED business is inside of Philips lighting so it Led light is more difficult to determine
whether they are meeting expectations. who's on tour right now. We spoke while
he was standing in front of Bruce Lee's grave, in Seattle. I asked him how many
instruments he plays.

"Probably not 40. I couldn't even name 40 musical
instruments," he says. "I don't even know if there are 40 musical instruments."


It turns out this whole thing wasn't Klosterman's idea, or Marion's, but
actually the brainchild of one Yale Evelev,Compact fluorescent lights have
solved LED lighting supplier many of
the problems associated with traditional filament light bulbs. who runs the
label Luaka Bop.

没有评论:

发表评论