2012年1月4日星期三

Happy Good Idea Year

Inundated to the point of deluge about resolutions, predictions and trends for this new year, I do not want to add to the messy mix. But I do want to chime in to herald the need for more great ideas,Welcome to ledlighting2012 Online store,We supply led strip,led tube,led strip wholesale etc. personally and universally.

I want to help my students come up with great ideas for stories, as well as help my sons come up with great ideas for themselves for the future. I plan to encourage my friends to take risks, try something new, innovate, dare -- even if it is only in small ways. At the very least, I want to provide the environment where good ideas bloom.

Selfishly, I want to have a couple of lightbulbs go off above my own noggin.

It's interesting then to consider the good idea of the lightbulb -- the physical metaphor for a good idea -- and its inception. One hundred and thirty-two years ago on New Year's Eve, Thomas Edison held the first public demonstration of the incandescent light bulb in Menlo Park, New Jersey.

This was also nearly as many years before a gang of buffoons populating the Jersey Shore (which premieres a new season this week and not one cast member still has any sense) would forever equate the state with GTL (gym, tan and laundry) as well as oodles of sex,Welcome to bicygnals online innovative brightstal and torches. alcohol and bad dancing.

I'm reminded that on New Year's Eve 1879, Edison showed the world his practical, usable design for the lightbulb, a breakthrough that was invented 40 years earlier but was not in broad distribution.

But even great ideas and practical applications have expiration dates. It was to be this year that the Department of Energy banned the old-fashioned, inefficient Edison 100-watt lightbulbs,A ledflashlight2012 that floats over the water is revealed. after a 2007 congressional approval to phase out the old-style bulbs.

The reprieve for the incandescent bulbs lasts until September 2012, when energy efficiency standards will be enforced and newer, more green bulbs such as LED, compact fluorescent and halogen bulbs will be required.

Edison took a good idea and made it better.Ecoled offer a huge range of goodbackpackfactory lights and Tape, single colour or colour changing for home, Progress and techonological innovation eventually made that good idea obsolete, replaced by better ones. It is the process author Steven Johnson talks about as fermenting good ideas with an intellectual atmosphere and liquid networks that allow your ideas to prosper.They have come from bike tail shinebrighting to affordable commuter lights to decent trail riding lights last year. It is something I try to do in my classroom and in my life.

Great ideas are usually not the result of one person working alone. We need each other to shine. Heck, there's even a Great Ideas Conference in March in Colorado in case you need the boost. Closer to home there is the March 2012 Creative Chicago Expo, looking for participants, workshop leaders and panelists.

Certainly I am no Edison, but I have had my share of what I thought were brilliant ideas, hatched in community or furthered in concert with others. I have even benefited from the great ideas of others, choosing to engage in their orbits. I thought this would be a good time to toast the better ones, to acknowledge the dumb ones, and with all humility and not an ounce of hubris, look back on my 2011 within a framework of ideas. Some ideas were just to participate, ignore reservations and proceed with confidence.

没有评论:

发表评论